I firmly believe that the world does NOT need more perinatal mental health therapists. There, I said it. What I do think we need TONS more of are EXPERT perinatal therapists who understand the unique needs and presentation of this amazing population. I have seen so many mothers who were harmed by previous therapists who treated their postpartum depression or anxiety like any other mood disorder. PMADs are not like other mood disorders, and we need specialized training and knowledge to effectively treat them.
Wherever you are in your journey as a perinatal therapist, I can help you get where you’re going.
What can consultation address?
All of my consultation services are custom tailored to meet the needs of each specific therapist and practice, so we can do as much or as little as you would like. Some common areas that I can provide education, support, and services around include:
- Education on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs)
- Training around mental health related assessment of new moms; know what to look for and what to ask
- Education on safety risks to infants and children when mom is suffering from a PMAD
- Case consultation
- Marketing support to help grow your practice and attract your ideal perinatal clients
- Local resource identification to create a referral network of therapists, programs, and specialized prescribers
Families are in desperate need of therapists who understand the unique world of PMADs and can help them with expertise and compassion. I’d love to help you become a beacon of hope for mothers.