While the little ones are your main focus, new moms will visit the pediatrician more than any other healthcare provider in their first year postpartum. This presents an amazing opportunity to provide on-going assessment of how mom is doing as she adjusts to motherhood.
Making sure that families are supported is key to ensuring the physical and emotional well-being of the children you care for. I can help you do that.
What can consultation address?
All of my consultation services are custom tailored to meet the needs of each specific practice, so we can do as much or as little as you would like. Some common areas that I can provide education, support, and services around include:
- Education on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs)
- Training around mental health related assessment of new moms; know what to look for and what to ask
- Audit of current PMAD screening procedures
- Implementation of new PMAD screening procedures
- Education on safety risks to infants and children when mom is suffering from a PMAD
- Case consultation
- Local resource identification to create a referral network of therapists, programs, and specialized prescribers
We all share a common goal: health for the entire family. You have a unique opportunity to help make sure no mom is slipping through the cracks. I would love to support you in this endeavor.